- 1 Cheggers Party Quiz deletion
- 2 Regarding the recently deleted "My Brother, Borat" page
- 3 Alternatives
- 4 Muppets Pilot
- 5 Deleting Comments
- 6 Dick & Dom
- 7 MyWiki:Administrators Guy
- 8 TOTP Saturday
- 9 My Bad
- 10 Help me please
- 11 This is not lost
- 12 Apologies for the barren page
- 13 BTL and B&THMM
- 14 Hey Asshole
- 15 Apologies for engaging in the edit war.
- 16 Sesame Street article security
Cheggers Party Quiz deletion
I would like to appeal the deletion of the article detailing the cut content from Cheggers Party Quiz. No one knows how to find the relevant copies with the cut content included. As far as anyone knows, it was only included on a limited number of the Windows version of the game, which have yet to resurface beyond the initial discovery. On this basis, I would very much appreciate the reinstatement of this article.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Regarding the recently deleted "My Brother, Borat" page
I apologize if I wrote that page poorly, I'm quite new to this website and i'm still learning how to create pages on this site, so if I make any mistake, it is not done with any intention of making anyone angry. Also there's really no need to be rude to me about moving the page more than once, I didn't know I did anything wrong by moving the page, and the way you told me to "use some common sense for once! grr" just came off as needlessly hostile and condescending. You, as an admin, should learn to treat your fellow users with respect rather than talking down to them like that, and I know you certainly would not like it if someone spoke to you in that manner, so please treat others as you would like to be treated yourself. I was just trying to improve that page I had made by renaming it, but now that I understand I shouldn't have done that more than once, so I will not do it again, unless it is absolutely necessary. Jordan112 (talk) 21:47, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hey there. My angry message regarding moving the page multiple times was because this is a common issue here on the wiki. Some people tend to needlessly move the pages back and forth because they find their description of the matter more adequate, or they try to enforce a standard we do not necessarily follow. This is usually done by a specific group of people, who have been editing the wiki for years now, and often generates more garbage (i.e. unnecessary redirects) we have to delete afterwards. That was by no means targeted at you as a rookie, and I sincerely apologize if it came off as "hostile and condescending". I hope you have a good time contributing to the site. SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 22:19, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
Ah okay I understand now. Well like I said, I only moved the page because I was trying to fix an error I made, I felt the title of the page wasn't right, but no worries. Jordan112 (talk) 23:28, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
Just as an idea, there's also the category Needing work. Like I said earlier, at least one of the deleted ones I could have, on second thought, elaborated. I mean, on principal, the items themselves were good enough to get a article, right? Spiny Norman (talk) 11:53, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
The link posted was NOT from the 2007 series, it was for the 2015 series. So the 2007 series pilot, as far as I know, is still lost. I would've appreciated an opportunity to clarify before the page was deleted. --JVM (talk) 01:45, 24 August 2017 (UTC)
- Admittedly, I've jumped the gun on this one. I should've consulted people with proper knowledge on the subject before taking action, not after. The page has since been restored and I sincerely apologize for any incoveniences. --SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 03:12, 24 August 2017 (UTC)
No, Madame Sena, I do not know what I just did, and I admit it frankly. My desire is to bring word of the lost silent serials to greater public attention using your wiki.Tnarrud (talk) 15:37, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- Then I recommend you to read the rules and guidelines — something you agreed with when registering on this wiki (which is NOT mine, by the way). Not just read them though, ideally put them in practice too. Recreating the pages exactly like what got them deleted is not going to do you any good. Learn the rules, look at other pages for practical examples, familiarize yourself with the wikicode (you don't need to create an infobox template for every single page, hence the "you don't have an idea of what you just did"), make sure you know what you got to do to make a good article before venturing into contributing to this wiki. We do appreciate that you want to raise awareness to lost media, but please do it in a way that doesn't configure more harm than help. Sir SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 16:05, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
Hey SenaUW, would you mind deleting all of the comments related to the debacle of a certain user whom I refuse to name on the SpongeBob: Re-Hydrated (partially lost "SpongeBob SquarePants" animated short; 2003) page as I'm not proud of what happened on there. Please and thank you. --Happy Brian (talk, contribs) 16:55, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
- Hi there, sorry for the ridiculously late response. I've spoken to a few fellow admins and we've agreed that we should keep his comments there so others know what he's up to and have an example of behavior that might get you in trouble. Sorry about that. SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 03:11, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for the reply back, I still feel bad for what happened and I consider it to be my biggest mistake that I ever made on this site; in a essence, it's my old shame.
I would like at the very least, remove my comments related to the debacle as I no longer want any association with it and I permanently cleared the fake YouTube video from my browsing history as soon as the truth was revealed.
Dick & Dom
It's my first time making a new page and only spotted the rule about the (brief description; year) after I'd already titled it. For some reason, Chrome wouldn't let me copy the text and paste it so it was simpler to make the page and then move it.
That Kardvstax guy put up the page you specifically told him not to do. Not trying to be a snitch, but I think I just wanted you to know. EDIT: Please unban him. He was apparently trying to delete the page he made (mrblacksmoviereviews) and some misunderstanding apparently led him to put his email address on that Administrators page, thinking he was the Admin for that page. Sorry for the confusion. Tripson (talk) 17:11, 27 March 2018 (UTC)
I made sure to read the guidelines multiple times before making the article. There is no reference to the rule you stated "If you had read the rules and guidelines you'd know you're not supposed to mark your own ""article"" as Needing Work."
I even screenshotted the page beforehand.
Maybe there was in an earlier version of the page, but there isn't now.
Help me please
- This is not possible within the wiki software itself, you have to copy your source wikicode to a Notepad file and save it on your computer. When you come back to work on it, just paste it back to a blank page and resume editing. Also make sure to use the "Show preview" button often, as you may make some mistakes and ideally shouldn't save them. SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 16:19, 4 April 2020 (UTC)
This is not lost
https://lostmediawiki.com/A_Family_of_Strangers_(lost_ABC_Afterschool_Special_episode;_1980) This article’s comments state that the movie was found in 2017, the year the article was made. I think this is eligible for deletion (Em 17:26, 16 April 2020 (UTC))
Apologies for the barren page
I created that "Bartcasting" page that you took down. Apologies, for I was at the time adding sources when you deleted the page all of a sudden. I had to publish the page and then go back in to add in these sources, since the form doesn't really give me much to work with.
BTL and B&THMM
Any reason you're working againt this site's best interests and deleting my edits? The fuck is wrong with you? IT. IS. NOT. ILLEGAL. TO. FUCKING. TALK. ABOUT. THE. GOD. DAMN. DIRECTOR'S. CUT. I AM TRYING TO EDUCATE PEOPLE YOU INBRED CUNTFUCKER MORON. TATMR DC (talk) 03:26, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
- Do you pet your dog with such fingers? The page was locked because you fools kept undoing each others' edits and dragging it around like if it was your toy. It's gonna stay that way until either one of our volunteers steps up to properly update it or the rabid fans like you calm down. I hope you enjoy your block as well. SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 05:26, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
Apologies for engaging in the edit war.
Sorry for engaging the edit war on Thomas and the Magic Railroad (partially found deleted scenes of children's film; 2000). I promise to never do that again.--TheRandomSurfboard (talk) 13:45, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
Sesame Street article security
Hello, I was wondering if you could look into the Sesame Street article. If you look at this page on Chrome, it will say near the URL that the article is "Not secure". This is unusual as the rest of the LMW is fully secured. I was wondering if you could do anything about this, it was just unusual that this is the only page that I have seen that has this problem. Thanks,--BrayBrayLMW (talk) 00:39, 24 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hey there. I've taken a look at the page, it seems to be this embed here that's triggering the "not secure" warning: