Monkey Quest (partially found online multiplayer game; 2011-2014)
Monkey Quest was a fantasy/MMO game developed by Behaviour Interactive and launched by Nickelodeon on March 2011 and closed on September 26th, 2014.
Premise and Gameplay
The premise was that the player plays as a monkey traveling through the land of Ook, interacting with other players, completing quests, battling monsters, and discovering secrets about the legendary Monkey King.
Shutdown and Availability
The game's servers were shut down on September 26th, 2014, so that Nick could focus on their mobile games. The launcher used to still be available for download for a while after the shut down, but it was unable to get the patch info and attempting to log in would have caused it to say the username and password is invalid.
Partial assets from the game have been found that aren't public, and the game can be played but with some things still missing. The state of the game now is nowhere near its original state.
In November of 2017, LMW Discord user Smoke uploaded two MEGA files of assets from Monkey Quest. One of the MEGA files includes graphical assets, sound assets, etc, while the second of the MEGA files contains cached unity assets from the game.
Fans of the game have been working to create a "reborn" version of the game, titled "Monkey Quest Reborn".
- Wikipedia page for Monkey Quest. Retrieved 08 Jan '17
- Archive of the Monkey Quest website prior to the shutdown. Retrieved 08 Jan '17
- The Hollywood Reporter's article on the game's launch. Retrieved 20 Nov '18
- Monkey Quest's FAQ closing page (courtesy of the Wayback Machine). Retrieved 20 Nov '18
- The first out of two MEGA files that contain the assets for Monkey Quest. Retrieved 11 Jan '19
- The second out of the two MEGA files that contain the assets from Monkey Quest. Retrieved 11 Jan '19
- The website for Monkey Quest Reborn. Retrieved 26 Apr '19