Difference between revisions of "Magical DoReMi (lost Singaporean English dub of anime series; 2004)"
m (Corvene moved page Magical DoReMi (lost alternate English dub of anime series; 2004) to Magical DoReMi (lost Singaporean English dub of anime series; 2004))
Revision as of 14:13, 23 November 2017
Magical DoReMi, also known as Ojamajo Doremi, is a magical-girl anime series by Toei Animation that ran for 51 episodes on TV Asahi in Japan between February 1999 to January 2000. The show later inspired three followup seasons, two theatrical films, a direct-to-video series, as well as manga and light novels. In 2003, the New York-based 4Kids Entertainment licensed the first entry. The company produced an English dub that had a shortlived run on their 4KidsTV FOX Saturday morning block between 2005 and 2006 before being ultimately finished as a web-exclusive.
An earlier English dub was produced for the Asian market. It debuted in June 2004, on Channel i in Singapore. The dub was recorded locally at Voiceovers Unlimited and starred Denise Tan. It's not known if the company produced a dub for just the original series or the entire franchise.
No home video releases are known to exist, though given the time frame a VCD release in South East Asia is possible. No footage from this dub has surfaced online.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Magical DoReMi - Prior to 4Kids' involvement with the franchise, an unreleased English pilot was produced to sell the show to western broadcasters.
References[edit | edit source]
- 4KIDS ACQUIRES MAGICAL DOREMI Retrieved Retrieved 22 Nov '17.
- Magical Doremi Airdate Retrieved 22 Nov '17.
- Magical DoReMi to Re-Air on The CW4Kids on Saturdays Retrieved 22 Nov '17
- SPH MediaWorks Limited Retrieved 22 Nov '17
- Welcome to the Kids Central! Retrieved 20 Nov '17
- Creative Fuzion Retrieved 22 Nov '17
- Denise Tan Retrieved 22 Nov '17