Mega Man 2 (found early iOS port of NES action-platformer sequel; 2009)
Mega Man 2 (or Mega Man II), one of Capcom's most popular NES games, was ported to the iPhone and iPod Touch in March 2009 with a free version of the game called Mega Man II Lite made around the same time as the full version and looks exactly like the NES version with some new things that weren't in the original NES game like the "Help" and "Options" buttons. The port was trashed by reviewers and even IGN for the "terrible" touchscreen controls and physics. This version was delisted from the App Store around 2014-2015 and was replaced by the new version of Mega Man 2 for 64-Bit iOS devices.
On December 4th, 2020, an Archive.org user by the name of MatPac13 uploaded the early iOS port of Mega Man 2 making the game found.
On January 15th, the Lite version of the early iOS port was discovered and was shared on the mtmdev.org forums by RockmanKB.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Screenshots of the Old iOS Port[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Mega Man Legends 3 (lost prototype of unfinished Nintendo 3DS game; 2010s)
- Mega Man Universe (lost builds of unfinished PSN/XBLA game; 2010-2011)
- Mega Man Anniversary Collection (lost build of cancelled Game Boy Advance compilation game; 2003)
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Archive of Mega Man 2 Lite's iTunes page. Retrieved 29 Nov '20
- Wikipedia page for Mega Man 2. Retrieved 30 Nov '20
- Mega Man Knowledge Base page for Mega Man 2. Retrieved 11 Nov '21
- Mega Man 2's early iOS port download page. Retrieved 06 Dec '20
- Mega Man 2 Lite's download page Retrieved 02 Feb '21
Reference[edit | edit source]
- random.access review of the game's early iOS port. Retrieved 11 Nov '21
- IGN review of the game's early iOS port. Retrieved 01 Dec '20