Difference between revisions of "User talk:SenaUW"
|Line 188:||Line 188:|
I didn't do anything wrong there to get banned. In that case.
I didn't do anything wrong there to get banned. In that case.
I ask you to appeal the ban.
I ask you to appeal the ban.
Revision as of 01:03, 13 September 2021
Cheggers Party Quiz deletion[edit source]
I would like to appeal the deletion of the article detailing the cut content from Cheggers Party Quiz. No one knows how to find the relevant copies with the cut content included. As far as anyone knows, it was only included on a limited number of the Windows version of the game, which have yet to resurface beyond the initial discovery. On this basis, I would very much appreciate the reinstatement of this article.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Regarding the recently deleted "My Brother, Borat" page[edit source]
I apologize if I wrote that page poorly, I'm quite new to this website and i'm still learning how to create pages on this site, so if I make any mistake, it is not done with any intention of making anyone angry. Also there's really no need to be rude to me about moving the page more than once, I didn't know I did anything wrong by moving the page, and the way you told me to "use some common sense for once! grr" just came off as needlessly hostile and condescending. You, as an admin, should learn to treat your fellow users with respect rather than talking down to them like that, and I know you certainly would not like it if someone spoke to you in that manner, so please treat others as you would like to be treated yourself. I was just trying to improve that page I had made by renaming it, but now that I understand I shouldn't have done that more than once, so I will not do it again, unless it is absolutely necessary. Jordan112 (talk) 21:47, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hey there. My angry message regarding moving the page multiple times was because this is a common issue here on the wiki. Some people tend to needlessly move the pages back and forth because they find their description of the matter more adequate, or they try to enforce a standard we do not necessarily follow. This is usually done by a specific group of people, who have been editing the wiki for years now, and often generates more garbage (i.e. unnecessary redirects) we have to delete afterwards. That was by no means targeted at you as a rookie, and I sincerely apologize if it came off as "hostile and condescending". I hope you have a good time contributing to the site. SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 22:19, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
Ah okay I understand now. Well like I said, I only moved the page because I was trying to fix an error I made, I felt the title of the page wasn't right, but no worries. Jordan112 (talk) 23:28, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
Just as an idea, there's also the category Needing work. Like I said earlier, at least one of the deleted ones I could have, on second thought, elaborated. I mean, on principal, the items themselves were good enough to get a article, right? Spiny Norman (talk) 11:53, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
Muppets Pilot[edit source]
The link posted was NOT from the 2007 series, it was for the 2015 series. So the 2007 series pilot, as far as I know, is still lost. I would've appreciated an opportunity to clarify before the page was deleted. --JVM (talk) 01:45, 24 August 2017 (UTC)
- Admittedly, I've jumped the gun on this one. I should've consulted people with proper knowledge on the subject before taking action, not after. The page has since been restored and I sincerely apologize for any incoveniences. --SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 03:12, 24 August 2017 (UTC)
No, Madame Sena, I do not know what I just did, and I admit it frankly. My desire is to bring word of the lost silent serials to greater public attention using your wiki.Tnarrud (talk) 15:37, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- Then I recommend you to read the rules and guidelines — something you agreed with when registering on this wiki (which is NOT mine, by the way). Not just read them though, ideally put them in practice too. Recreating the pages exactly like what got them deleted is not going to do you any good. Learn the rules, look at other pages for practical examples, familiarize yourself with the wikicode (you don't need to create an infobox template for every single page, hence the "you don't have an idea of what you just did"), make sure you know what you got to do to make a good article before venturing into contributing to this wiki. We do appreciate that you want to raise awareness to lost media, but please do it in a way that doesn't configure more harm than help. Sir SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 16:05, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
Deleting Comments[edit source]
Hey SenaUW, would you mind deleting all of the comments related to the debacle of a certain user whom I refuse to name on the SpongeBob: Re-Hydrated (partially lost "SpongeBob SquarePants" animated short; 2003) page as I'm not proud of what happened on there. Please and thank you. --Happy Brian (talk, contribs) 16:55, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
- Hi there, sorry for the ridiculously late response. I've spoken to a few fellow admins and we've agreed that we should keep his comments there so others know what he's up to and have an example of behavior that might get you in trouble. Sorry about that. SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 03:11, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for the reply back, I still feel bad for what happened and I consider it to be my biggest mistake that I ever made on this site; in a essence, it's my old shame.
I would like at the very least, remove my comments related to the debacle as I no longer want any association with it and I permanently cleared the fake YouTube video from my browsing history as soon as the truth was revealed.
Dick & Dom[edit source]
It's my first time making a new page and only spotted the rule about the (brief description; year) after I'd already titled it. For some reason, Chrome wouldn't let me copy the text and paste it so it was simpler to make the page and then move it.
MyWiki:Administrators Guy[edit source]
That Kardvstax guy put up the page you specifically told him not to do. Not trying to be a snitch, but I think I just wanted you to know. EDIT: Please unban him. He was apparently trying to delete the page he made (mrblacksmoviereviews) and some misunderstanding apparently led him to put his email address on that Administrators page, thinking he was the Admin for that page. Sorry for the confusion. Tripson (talk) 17:11, 27 March 2018 (UTC)
TOTP Saturday[edit source]
I made sure to read the guidelines multiple times before making the article. There is no reference to the rule you stated "If you had read the rules and guidelines you'd know you're not supposed to mark your own ""article"" as Needing Work."
I even screenshotted the page beforehand.
Maybe there was in an earlier version of the page, but there isn't now.
My Bad[edit source]
Help me please[edit source]
- This is not possible within the wiki software itself, you have to copy your source wikicode to a Notepad file and save it on your computer. When you come back to work on it, just paste it back to a blank page and resume editing. Also make sure to use the "Show preview" button often, as you may make some mistakes and ideally shouldn't save them. SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 16:19, 4 April 2020 (UTC)
This is not lost[edit source]
https://lostmediawiki.com/A_Family_of_Strangers_(lost_ABC_Afterschool_Special_episode;_1980) This article’s comments state that the movie was found in 2017, the year the article was made. I think this is eligible for deletion (Em 17:26, 16 April 2020 (UTC))
Apologies for the barren page[edit source]
I created that "Bartcasting" page that you took down. Apologies, for I was at the time adding sources when you deleted the page all of a sudden. I had to publish the page and then go back in to add in these sources, since the form doesn't really give me much to work with.
BTL and B&THMM[edit source]
Hey Asshole[edit source]
Any reason you're working againt this site's best interests and deleting my edits? The fuck is wrong with you? IT. IS. NOT. ILLEGAL. TO. FUCKING. TALK. ABOUT. THE. GOD. DAMN. DIRECTOR'S. CUT. I AM TRYING TO EDUCATE PEOPLE YOU INBRED CUNTFUCKER MORON. TATMR DC (talk) 03:26, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
- Do you pet your dog with such fingers? The page was locked because you fools kept undoing each others' edits and dragging it around like if it was your toy. It's gonna stay that way until either one of our volunteers steps up to properly update it or the rabid fans like you calm down. I hope you enjoy your block as well. SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 05:26, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
Apologies for engaging in the edit war.[edit source]
Sorry for engaging the edit war on Thomas and the Magic Railroad (partially found deleted scenes of children's film; 2000). I promise to never do that again.--TheRandomSurfboard (talk) 13:45, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
Sesame Street article security[edit source]
Hello, I was wondering if you could look into the Sesame Street article. If you look at this page on Chrome, it will say near the URL that the article is "Not secure". This is unusual as the rest of the LMW is fully secured. I was wondering if you could do anything about this, it was just unusual that this is the only page that I have seen that has this problem. Thanks,--BrayBrayLMW (talk) 00:39, 24 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hey there. I've taken a look at the page, it seems to be this embed here that's triggering the "not secure" warning:
I've been looking for Igi, Tigi, Bip a Bop episodes for years since I watched it in 2010.
About the Wlatcy Moch page getting deleted[edit source]
I can understand the poorly referenced part but what does "self-NW" mean? Also I am sorry if the page was poor, it's just that this is my first time making a full-on page and I haven't made any pages, I only did some edits and nothing else. - Yeahmean343
- Hey there. By "self-NW" I mean "author tagged their own article as Needing Work". We don't expect people to get their first article just right, but we encourage editors to iron it out first, making sure it is on par with the wiki's standards by following the rules and guidelines as well as comparing it with other articles of similar subject/length. Tagging your own article as "Needing Work" may be seen by others as "it's not very good, fix it for me" and is taken into account when the page is reported for deletion. SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 01:20, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
- OK, thanks, I'll try better next time, sorry if I caused any trouble. - Yeahmean343
Why'd you delete my page[edit source]
When I said "currently uncited", I meant that the citations I used were-to-be added later. I didn't make this up, look at "Hamish and Andy" on Wikipedia and you'll see almost the exact infomation. --TapLover (talk) 03:16, 30 December 2020 (UTC)
- When a user writes a page, it is expected that they work on it enough to get it to a state that's on par with the wiki's standards before they publish it. A page with no references is not an acceptable page, and blaming "laziness" is frankly the worst way of saying you're going to flesh it out later. Don't just rush it out of the door, because that just wastes everyone's time. --03:27, 30 December 2020 (UTC)SenaUW (Talk | contribs)
Deletion request[edit source]
Hey SenaUW. Recently, I have been updating Robot Wars (partially found unaired or partially aired battles of BBC gameshow; 1998-2017), mainly to include lost battles that didn't warrant another article about them. Since the update, there is no need for this logo. Therefore, it would be grand if you could delete it. Thanks. SpaceManiac888 (talk) 13:59, 4 February 2021 (UTC)
Can you delete this redirect page?[edit source]
I'm talking about Report:The Adventures of Voopa the Goolash 20210405001. Thanks! NickMick (talk) 08:18, 6 April 2021 (UTC)
- The redirect is delted, but the actual page, Report: "The Adventures of Voopa the Goolash" - episode 9 20210404001, still shows up on the April 5th findings instead of the April 4th ones. https://lostmediawiki.com/Special:RunQuery/Reports?Reports%5BDate%5D=2021%2F04%2F05&_run=1 NickMick (talk) 17:08, 6 April 2021 (UTC)
Deletion of the Chimps Lost EP[edit source]
Is there a legitimate reason you have for deleting this or are you purposely trying to set back music preservation? Do you realize the embarrassment you've caused me by deleting that page? I had sent that to multiple groups of people interested in hunting this piece of Chimps history and you deleted it without a care in the world. I ask you undo this grievous change and repent for the damage you may have already caused the search. Yours' truly Clutchmaster38
- If there's anything you should be embarassed about, that is slapping a single unreferenced paragraph on the wiki and expecting the staff to keep it for the sake of "preservation." Unless you give the rules and guidelines a good read, absorb and understand the qualities of a good article, do not bother recreating the page. If you keep challenging staff decisions you will be blocked from editing this wiki. --SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 17:19, 26 May 2021 (UTC)
- : I literally do not care what you are staff of, you don't understand the topic at hand so i think you are better off doing something else with your time. Everyone here at the Chimps EP search discord is laughing at you, but we're also all disappointed that someone could be so bullheaded and arrogent to destory a valiant search effort. Hopefully you will one day you will stop jacking off to internet porn and go out and get some excersize. I have your name and IP logged and will be sending some men in black suits to firebomb your family house. Leave the Chimps search page up final warning. If you keep challenging The Chimps search then you will be dealt with accordingly (A big pipe bomb). Yours' Truly Clutchmaster38 (also you're gay)
Hi, I'm a pretty frequent editor of the Michael Jackson page, and I noticed that there was an edit on that page made by User:PopularManGame. They claimed a certain song "Party Freak" was leaked, and when I went to their talk page to ask them for a link to the supposed leak (since I couldn't find anything with a cursory google search), I saw that it looks like you banned them for a while because they committed vandalism. Does this mean that I should remove their edit or should I leave it until their ban is over (unless they've been permabanned)?
- I believe that's a good enough reason to undo their edits. Feel free to go ahead and thank you for your good work on the page! --SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 17:38, 26 May 2021 (UTC)
Doing an "en-masse 'Existence unconfirmed'" on the Michael Jackson page[edit source]
Hi, it's D.I.T.G again, I was looking over the MJ page and as I scanned the list of unreleased/lost songs I just noticed now a category of song called "Existence unconfirmed" which as far as I know hasn't been used for very many songs on the list (most songs just have "Lost" on them), even though it would probably be just as applicable if not more. Would it be alright if I went ahead and "en-masse" started putting some entries on the list in the "Existence unconfirmed" category (only where applicable, of course)?
- Sounds like a good plan for songs that have been rumored to exist prior to elaboration of the list. I'd say yes, feel free to do it. --SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 21:33, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
Hello SenaUW. As someone who has loved editing on this Wiki for the past six years now, I have noticed an issue that could be rectified with a bit of thought. You see, many Lost Media Wiki articles tend to have very few articles link to them. This makes sense considering the diverse range of media discussed. However, it does make navigating to and from articles of interest for the casual user to be quite difficult indeed. Had categories not existed, it would be especially hard to access certain pages, but even then categories like Lost TV are starting to become bloated and so can take some time to find articles one is actually interested in. I think navigation is a weakspot of LMW, especially when compared to other Wikis like Doctor Who or Team Fortress Wiki, to name a few.
Hence, I was wondering whether permission could be granted to design a navbox similar to the ones found over on Robot Wars Wiki? Indeed, having been a member of that Wiki for several years, I must say that its navigation really helps to get pages noticed. Even the most obscure articles, usually Round 1 dropouts, can be easily navigated to and from without a hitch. I would therefore love to give this design a try over here, particularly starting by categorising BBC television media (Pre-Second World War, Sports, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Children's etc). Anything to make it easier for the casual user to find articles they are interested in. SpaceManiac888 (talk) 20:05, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
- I see where you're coming from when it comes to navigation between articles - we don't really employ any measures beyond the occasional "See also" section on the bottom of articles. This kind of design change is best discussed with the admin team as a whole, so we may evaluate it and discuss if it's a good plan not just on paper.
- Do you have an account on the forums? You could make a thread on the LMW discussion board gathering info and visual examples of your proposal, so the community may discuss and suggest tweaks if pertinent, and we can also measure how popular the changes would potentially be among active contributors of the wiki. --SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 21:42, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
Excuse me...[edit source]
A user named Maria Alexandra Voicu began to scream at me for reverting her *vandal-related* edits and threatened to punch me in the face. She later began to scream at other users. Can you block her due to her awful behaviour?
Questioning about an article's notability[edit source]
Hey, I've already finished writing my first article, but while FE is a well-known franchise, albeit a bit niche, I'm not sure if this lost Fire Emblem game is notable enough to warrant an article. Could you maybe check my sandbox? Thank you.
Note: This article only reached 300 words, but because of how scarce information is regarding the game, it didn't meet the 500 word minimum requirement, though I did try to dig up as much info as I can. --Bluemothsword (talk) 15:39, 5 July 2021 (UTC)
- Hey there. Considering it's an official tech demo (I believe you could call it that, since it wasn't fleshed out as a full game), I believe it does meet our notability criteria. Your draft looks pretty good, even if it doesn't hit the minimum stated in the rules, so I think it's good to be published as-is. --SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 15:54, 5 July 2021 (UTC)
Name Change[edit source]
Hello, I am wondering if you can change my name from “Glitchmaster” to “Glitchedblood”. I use this name for all the rest of my accounts because my old one was generic. I am asking this because I know that people with administrative privileges can change user names. — Glitchmaster (talk) 19:51, 23 July 2021 (PT)
Miguzi bumpers[edit source]
Aren't you setting your standards a bit too high, here? My first article - on that Scooby Doo: Horror on the High Seas prologue - was no more heavily-referenced than the one you just deleted. I assure you, I searched high and low for anyone else on the Internet that would remember Old Salty existed, and came up with nothing beside that one YouTube video and the Cartoon Network Wiki. Sometimes, most of what you have to go on is memory.
I'll admit, perhaps I was too speculative about what other segments might've existed, but the video I did post was visibly missing a chunk in-between. If nothing else, surely it would be in this wiki's purview to discuss and search for the full version of that? Rubber Lotus (talk) 18:21, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
- Bumpers are already one of the toughest subjects to write about, because there's usually zero concrete documentation on what actually exists. Many articles on bumpers suffer from this, effectively turning into "let's find as many as we can" without actually listing what is lost. This last bit is very important, you have to tell people exactly what they should look for.
- One thing people must understand is that not everything has to have an article. Sometimes a forum thread suffices, especially if you don't have enough concrete info to back a proper article. This is an opportunity to find other people interested in the subject and have a research effort that could eventually get the whole thing found. --SenaUW (Talk | contribs) 21:49, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
- Ah, I take your point, I guess. Do you have a specific forum you'd like to suggest - this site's? Reddit?
- I'd considered going to Reddit beforehand, but knowing how Miguzi still isn't remembered fondly by most people who were around then, I was afraid any thread of that nature would sink with two downvotes and a "MIGUZI SUX" in a matter of days. Other than that, the only place I've found any real remembrance is 4chan, which would probably just flood me with Rule 34 of Erin... Rubber Lotus (talk) 02:22, 9 August 2021 (UTC)
Jaguar F1's lost diamond[edit source]
Hey SenaUW. Now, I think we would both be in agreement that a lost diamond typically does not count as lost media under normal circumstances. But hear me out on this one! The diamond the Jaguar Formula One team lost during the 2004 Monaco Grand Prix probably just about falls within the scope of lost advertising media, mainly because it was included in a one-off livery to promote Ocean's Twelve. Quite the story to be fair, it was not a bright decision by Jaguar to include a $300k diamond on the nosecone of its cars, I think the fate of crashing out and losing one of them was inevitable! Still, it promoted the film more so I suppose... So what do you think, is this worthy of an article or does it go a tad too far beyond the scope of the Wiki? Thanks. SpaceManiac888 (talk) 15:04, 11 August 2021 (UTC)