Difference between revisions of "The Blinkumentary (partially found unreleased Blink-182 documentary film; late 2000s-early 2010s)"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Revision as of 18:17, 8 August 2018
The Blinkumentary is an unreleased documentary produced by Handsome Randsome covering the pop punk band Blink-182's comeback in 2009 and their resulting touring. The documentary also included interviews with other musicians like Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy and Tommy Lee from Motley Crue.
History[edit | edit source]
The release of the documentary was delayed several times by the band to include footage from subsequent tours. The first two trailers were released in 2009. The 2011 video for Wishing Well was comprised of tour footage from the documentary. A final cut of the documentary was screened for the band and representatives from their label on February 3rd, 2012.
In 2012, the documentary was awaiting a confirmed release date from label higher-ups. In 2013, the continued lack of release for The Blinkumentary was attributed by Handsome Randsome's Haven Lamoureux as a "band issue". Later that year, the band's singer/guitarist Tom DeLonge had claimed the documentary wasn't being released due to being "outdated", but in 2014 said it would eventually get some form of release.
Fate[edit | edit source]
As of 2016, Lamoureux claims the band decided not to release the documentary. The lack of release for The Blinkumentary has been speculated to be the result of label interference from the band's label at the time, Geffen/Interscope, and continued conflict between band members. The band's current willingness to release the documentary is unknown; the continued conflict between band members lead to DeLonge's removal from the band in 2015 and subsequent replacement by Alkaline Trio frontman Matt Skiba. Screener DVDs existed of the documentary at some point, though the full documentary hasn't been leaked.
Handsome Randsome co-producer Matt Edwards posted a clip of The Blinkumentary on his Vimeo portfolio in 2012, which was discovered by fans in 2016. Tour footage from The Blinkumentary was shown as b-roll during the Tom DeLonge episode of the 2016 Ernie Ball docuseries The Pursuit of Tone, which Lamoureux directed.
Clip[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Yidio interview with Lamoureux.
- Lamoureux retweet from Pete Wentz.
- Lamoureux tweet about Lee's involvement, with dead Twitpic link.
- First Blinkumentary trailer.
- The second trailer.
- The Wishing Well music video.
- Blinkumentary Facebook page showing a picture of the screening.
- Blinkumentary Facebook page post about waiting for release date
- "Band issue" tweet from Lamoureux to a fan
- POZ post about DeLonge claiming the documentary was outdated
- Gigwise interview with Tom DeLonge
- Tweet from Lamoreux to fan.
- Another Lamoureux tweet to a fan.
- Blinkumentary Facebook account showing screener DVDs intended for the band.