Calimero (partially found English dubs of Italian-Japanese animated series; 1974-2009)
Calimero (カリメロ Karimero?) is a cartoon about a little black chicken with a half-eggshell hat, the only one in his family. He originally appeared on the Italian television show Carosello on July 14, 1963, and had multiple animated adaptations in Italy, France, and Japan.
Calimero created by the animation studio Organizzazione Pagot and originated as a series of animated advertisements for Miralanza AVA soap products shown throughout Italy. Calimero is not actually black, but only very dirty because at the end of each episode he becomes white after being washed by the advertised soap products.
In 2020, a DVD with pilot episodes of unreleased English dubs of the 1974, 1988 and 1992 series was found. The dubs are based off the French dubs and use the French intros. It is currently unknown if any more episode segments were dubbed for any of these series. The DVD files were created in 2009, so the dubs were most likely created in the mid-to-late-2000s.
Videos[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Calimero (partially found English dub of Italian animated series; 1970-1972)
- Calimero (partially found original Japanese version of anime series; 1974-1975)
- Calimero (partially lost English dub of French-Italian-Japanese CGI animated series, 2014-2016)
- Calimero (partially lost original Japanese version of anime series, 1992-1993)
References[edit | edit source]
- Crump, William D. (2019). Happy Holidays—Animated! A Worldwide Encyclopedia of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and New Year's Cartoons on Television and Film. McFarland & Co. p. 38. ISBN 9781476672939.