Bob Patterson (partially found episodes of ABC sitcom; 2001)
Bob Patterson was an American sitcom created by Jason Alexander, Michael Markowitz, and Peter Tilden. It premiered on ABC on October 2nd, 2001, and was cancelled in November 2001, with the final episode airing October 31st that same year.
Premise[edit | edit source]
The show follows Bob Patterson, "America's #3 Self-Help Guru". While he is successful at his job, with two books, I Know More Than You and I Still Know More Than You, under his belt, he struggles to balance his career and personal life. At the office, he works with his partner Landau, their intern Vic, and Claudia, a paraplegic secretary; at home, Bob deals with his ex-wife Janet, and his overweight son, Jeffrey.
Status[edit | edit source]
Following poor critical reception and disappointing ratings, five of the shows scheduled ten episodes were left unaired. The Paley Center for Media currently holds copies of the episodes "Pilot" and "Honest Bob" in their collection. Since its cancellation, there have been no home media releases, with only five episodes available online in their entirety.
Episodes[edit | edit source]
|#||Episode Title||Air Date||Status|
|1||Pilot||Oct 2nd, 2001||Found|
|2||Honest Bob||Oct 9th, 2001||Found|
|3||Naked Bob||Oct 16th, 2001||Found|
|4||Awards Bob||Oct 24th, 2001||Found|
|5||Bathroom Bob||Oct 31st, 2001||Found|
|9||Matchmaker Bob||Unaired||Partially Found|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia page for Bob Patterson.
- IMDB page for Bob Patterson.
- TV Guide page on the series, with episode list.
- That's Entertainment! article discussing show's failure, with "Awards Bob" included.
- Archived website for the show.
- Archived ABC webpage from 9/17/01
References[edit | edit source]
- ABC Takes 'Patterson' Off Lineup Retrieved 28 Jun '20
- TELEVISION REVIEWS; A Hopeless and Helpless Self-Help Specialist Retrieved 28 Jun '20
- Alexander's sitcom lacks character Retrieved 1 Jul '20
- Forgotten Laughs: An Episode Guide To TV Sitcoms You Probably Never Saw By Richard Irvin. Retrieved 1 Jul '20
- Paley Center for Media page for "Pilot" Retrieved 29 Jun '20
- Paley Center for Media page for "Honest Bob" Retrieved 29 Jun '20