Difference between revisions of "Blood In Blood Out (lost deleted scenes from crime drama film; 1993)"
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
File:Screenshot 20210908-232209 Instagram.jpg|Miklo looking out his cell
File:Screenshot 20210908-232209 Instagram.jpg|Miklo looking out his cell
File:Screenshot 20210910-230954 Instagram.jpg|Cruz, Frankie, and Chuey
File:Screenshot 20210910-230954 Instagram.jpg|Cruz, Frankie, and Chuey
Revision as of 04:39, 11 September 2021
Blood In Blood Out Is a 1993 feature-length American epic crime drama film that did poorly in the box office, and a critical failure too, the film had much trouble getting release to theaters and also getting cut. The film was originally 5 hours but roughly got cut into 3 hours instant. In a documentary with Damian Chapa, he revealed that the film was 5 hours long but got cut because he told the director that the film was too long and it needed to force more of the prison. The theatrical version and the VHS version were 180 minutes long and the director cut the DVD version and the Laserdisc version were 190 minutes long, but the 330 minutes long version is still not found or out.
Differences Versions[edit | edit source]
The original VHS version which came out in 1994 was the same as the theatrical cut, but the directors cut the DVD version only has 15 cuts = 9 minutes 45 sec, no new copies came out after that, but we still don't have the 5-hour version. In the trailer and the tv spot, some scenes didn't make it in the final cut and to this day the scenes are still lost.
Lost Deleted Scenes[edit | edit source]
- Paco and his Girlfriend scenes: A Lost Scenes of Paco and his Girlfriend deleted scenes appeared in the trailer for a couple of scenes, the only information we know is that Alma (Paco's Girlfriend) is the daughter of the Chief of Police and she becomes the love interest of Paco throughout this subplot. Tension grows as the Chief does not want his daughter dating an ex-gang member like Paco, even though he is a cop. These are only photos from them and a picture of them hugging at the back of the VHS and DVD case.
- Shooting at Spider's car: An Extended Scene, of Paco, using a shotgun to shoot and destroy Spider's car and it looks like that Joker and his girlfriend are running away from the sound making them scared.
- Montana death situation: An Extended Scene, this scene is about Paco telling Miklo that Montana got killed and trying to tell him that the BGA didn't do it, but however some of this scene did make it in the final cut but these two pictures of Miklo walking up to Paco didn't make it in.
- Spider talk: Alternate scene, of the scene of Spider, looking at the view and saying that "I was just marking our new territory! Check out the new view, homies! I'm gonna build myself a righteous pad here. Swimming pool, white picket fence and sh*t".
- Paco and Alma kissing: A Lost Scene of Paco and his Girlfriend kissing inside in this room or a honeymoon place.
- Making out on the back seat: A Extended Scene, of Cruz and his Girlfriend making out on the backseat, will the photo of it was never made it in, but some of the scenes of Cruz and his Girlfriend did make it in including the scene of Cruz undressing his girlfriend on the backseat which did make it into the final cut.
- Unknown scene: A Lost Scene of these two unknown people holding hands?
- Cruz kicking a box: A Wide Shot and an alternate scene of Cruz kicking a box after he and Paco got into argument about Paco’s little brother.
- Cutting picture: A-Zoom In the alternate shot of Cruz cutting a picture of Paco's little brother while Paco and Cruz arguing about their little brother.
- Cheap times explosion: An Alternate Scene of Smokey running out of the cheap times building after throwing a grenade inside.
- Paco and Miklo: An Extended Scene of Paco and Miklo doing a hand hug and running down of the hill out of celebration after they attacked Spider.
- Paco and Rollie: A Lost Scene from the tv spot of Paco and his cop partner Rollie walking out of the police station or something else.
- 5 more minutes: An Extended Scene, in a interview with artist Adan Hernandez who was hired to create the paintings the character of Cruz Candelaria was supposed to have painted, stated that his best scene in the art gallery was when he said "Hey Cruzito Five more minutes" but they cut it out from the final cut.
- Miklo, Paco, Juanito at the hospital: A Lost Scene, Its unknown what is this scene about but there's some photos of Miklo, Paco, and Juanito at the waiting room in the hospital.
- Tire shop: An Extended Scene, the scene of Miklo and his co worker talking about Popeye cutting half of their checks was originally going to be longer, but its unknown what was the scene going to look like.
- Miklo looking through a cell: A Lost Scene, there's pictures of Miklo looking out of a heavy duty cell, but its unknown what the scene going to be.
- Cruz, Frankie, Chuey: A Lost Scene, there's some photos from Cruz, Frankie, and Chuey at Cruz painting which is under the bridge, some people said that its a deleted scene or alternate scene, but its unknown. but there's some behind the scenes photos of this scene.
- Gato death: An Extended Scene of the day of the dead scene, Gato seems to be meeting the end of his days as his hit attempt seems to have gone incredibly wrong. What is crazy about this photo is that this scene is so drastically different from how we see Gato’s role play out in the massacre scene. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders…in another version of events, was this a set-up by Miklo since Gato was Montana’s right hand man? This could also simply be production photography, but looking at Gato’s face, just, wow.
- More unknown deleted scenes: It's unknown how many deleted scenes are in Blood In Blood Out, most of these are from the trailer and tv spot.
Gallery of the Lost Deleted Scenes[edit | edit source]
Update:1 (August 28, 2021)[edit | edit source]
ORIGINAL FILM NEGATIVES FOUND!!! Merrick Morton a photographer in Blood In Blood Out and La Bamba reported that he was finally allowed in today to search inside the Disney's archives to search for any of the materials after thirty years that may still exist, or to find out that they have been lost or destroyed. Search complete……Over 8,000 negatives and color slides which most have never been seen before were found…I hit the jackpot” — Merrick Morton. Merrick Morton said that the film negatives of the deleted scenes are good condition and he is working out details with Disney.
Update:2 (September 1, 2021)[edit | edit source]
5 HOUR VERSION CONFIRMED!!! ChasedByHounds posted a photo of him and Taylor Hackford (the director) talking to each other in text about the 5 five hour version. He also stated that he is going post a clip of Jesse ( the actor who played Cruz) talking about alternative ending of the movie.
Found Deleted Scenes[edit | edit source]
In year 1994 the laserdisc version of blood in blood out came out called as the Director's Cut with 10 minutes of cut footage. Then in the year 2000 Disney home video release the "Director's cut" DVD of Blood In Blood Out Which had English subtilties, The Making of Blood In Blood Out, and it also has the same 10 minutes of cut footage from the laserdisc version. The theatrical cut and VHS was 180 minutes = 3:00:00hours, But the US DVD version is now 190 minutes = 3:09:59hours. The 5 hour version is still lost. The other DVD versions like the Spanish, German, and Arabic versions does not have the deleted scenes in them only the US version does.
- Joyride in a stranger's car: The scene in front of the autoshop runs a little bit longer: You see the small boy leaving with his father in the red van. Gushingly, the boy says good-bye to the three. The Cruz once again stresses that they are not allowed to drive the car. Paco downplays the whole affair and after a little hesitation, Cruz is also convinced by the idea.
- Artists' competition's award ceremony: In the Director's cut, Cruz gives a small speech before thanking his relatives: He tells about how, when he first started painting, his mother was in the hospital and he used to paint her get well cards. Back then she told him that he was an artist. He takes a look at his award and says: "I guess, she was right." - A little sad he goes on telling that he would have wished for her to be able to see him now.
- Arrival at the prison: Miklo is lead towards his cell through the prison. On his way, he sees a lot of dark figures giving him the evil eye. When he is in his cell, the guard closes the door behind him and tells him to come and see him, if there is any trouble. Miklo reaches out with his arm until he touches the wall of his small cell. Depressed, he leans against the wall.
- Introduction of the gangs in the cafeteria: Popeye tells Miklo something about the black gang "BGA" (Black Guerilla Army). One of the blacks, who is standing next to the leader, notices that the two of them are looking at them wrong. Looking for a fight, he gets up and walks towards them. The black guy asks both of them if they have a problem. Popeye says, he doesn't have a problem and adds an ironical "brother". Then he yells at the black leader what he thinks he's doing with his comb and that one of his bitches must have given it to him. One of the members wants to attack him but gets held back by the black leader, who then starts rambling about "Black Power". After a short back and forth a further walk through the cafeteria follows, leader of the radical right-wing gang (AV) threatens Popeye some time and he tries to talk him out of it. The whole action is being watched by the leader of the Spanish gang. He gives signals to some of his henchmen, who then get up in order to help their fellow countryman. When the leader of the whites sees this, he leaves the Spaniard alone and the scene continues like in the theatrical version.
- Arriving on the prison yard: After Popeye told Miklo: "Some questions you just don't ask", the scene continues in the Director's cut You hear the prison guards yell. Both of them turn in their direction. Two guards escort one inmate. By stating "Dead Man Walking" the preceding guard emphasizes that the man is being lead to his execution.
- Cruz's exhibition: Cruz walks through the crowd of guests with his manager until they meet a couple. Cruz welcomes the woman politely and greets the man with a gang-like handshake. - The joke is well received. The scene with the party ends abruptly in the Director's Cut: After Cruz received some cash from his manager, in order to obviously spend it on drugs or alcohol, there is a time cut. - Cruz returns with his friends totally wasted and makes an utter fool out of himself. Ridiculous teasing, laughing and other tomfooleries disturb the guests. When Cruz falls down from intoxication, his manager stands over and looks down on him. She calls her assistant and tells him to pick Cruz up and get him outside. Then she tries to contain the damage in front of the guests ("Well, that's the way artists are etc.") while making a good impression, though.
- Miklo's rise in prison: Popeye comes towards him and tries to convince him to pay his debts. At first, Miklo says no. But when Popeye offers him to make him one of the seven leading members of "La onda" through his connections, he accepts. Miklo tells him, that he would remember it. Finally, the Spaniard offers to help him, when he gets out one of these days.
- Interrogation at the precinct: The dialogue between Paco, who is now an undercover agent, and the arrested criminal is somewhat longer in the Director's Cut. One of the criminal's accomplices shouts at him from behind to not tell anything. Paco yells at his co-worker to get him out and slaps the man in order to make him turn around and face him again. Then he tries to scare him a little bit.
- Miklo is let out on probation: In the theatrical version, after the second meeting of the probation hearing, there is a direct cut to a tree with an overlay saying "1982". The following plot development reveals that the second hearing was a success and Miklo got out on probation. The Director's Cut shows this immediately. Miklo walks towards the leader of La onda (who became his friend in the meantime) and has a sad face. Just when he wants to comfort him, he starts laughing and tells him happily that he got out on probation. His buddies congratulate him.
- Back outside - In Popeye apartment: Popeye opens the door leading to another room where a naked woman lies on the bed. This scene runs a little longer in the Director's Cut: After the man shouts at her that there is coffee, she moans sleepily. He turns towards Miklo and tells him: "She is f#$ked up. We had a party last night".
- During the prison riots: Montana the leader of "La onda" gives orders to kill "Smokey" as quickly as possible. (Smokey is the brother of the renegade La Honda member Carlos). The theatrical version shows nothing but this order to kill Smokey, but the Director's Cut runs a little longer. Smokey is standing in front of his car on the street. A second car, in which Popeye is sitting, stops right before him. He gives him some cigarillos as a present, pulls out a knife and stabs him in the stomach. But Smokey manages to pull up the cigar box in front of his stomach and thus depress the stabbing. He jumps over a small wall and runs away. Popeye tries to shoot him, but misses. It's ridiculous that this scene is missing, because in the next scene, you see a heavily wounded Smokey. He holds his bleeding stomach and calls Paco, since he needs police protection.
- After Montana's murder: While all hell breaks loose at the prison, various things get destroyed, mattresses are torched, toilets overflow etc. The scenes of destruction are so far identical, but there is additional dialogue in the Director's cut: Magic is out of his mind with grief about Montana's death. He yells: "You want a war, I'll give you a war". Miklo tries to calm him down. He holds him tight and tells him that the others are just waiting form them to act uncontrolledly and blindy. He asks his friend to be like a "Mero Mero" ( leader ) Finally, he manages to calm him down.
- Revenge on "The Day of the Dead": The leader of the nazi-gang runs around burning for a little while longer in the Director's cut.
- BONUS Two different ways how Bonafide Gets killed: In the Spanish version Magic grabs Bonafide neck and gets stab by the others leavening him died, but the English version its showed that Magic impales Bonafide neck with a metal stick.