Whoopi's Littleburg (partially found Nick Jr. musical miniseries; 2004)
Whoopi's Littleburg (also known as Littleburg) is an American children's live-action/puppetry television series that originally aired on Nick Jr. from January 18th to June 7th, 2004. It was created by Jonny Belt and Robert Scull, later known for developing the animated series Bubble Guppies, and produced by actress and comedienne Whoopi Goldberg, who also starred in the show as a live-action role. An unaired pilot for the show was also developed in 2003 with a similar plot to "Welcome to Littleburg."
Description[edit | edit source]
The series focuses on the titular town of Littleburg, known as the "Preschool Capital of the World" for the fact that preschoolers run a majority of the town. The main protagonist, a young piglet named Spencer (voiced by Sean Curley), has just moved to the town with his family and interacts with its friendly citizens while learning important life lessons.
Additional characters include the titular mayor of Littleburg, Mayor Whoopi (portrayed by Whoopi Goldberg), Spencer's friend, Tiger Jane (voiced by Sofie Zamchick), and Spencer's mom, Mrs. Piggle (voiced by Mary Birdsong). Actresses Rosie Perez, Mary Testa, and Sandra Bernhard also made guest appearances on the show.
The show's music was composed by Goldberg, Dr. John, Guy Davis, and John Platania.
Availability[edit | edit source]
The series consisted of three half-hour episodes. The first episode is entirely available on YouTube and the second is mostly available, yet episode three remains lost.
The series' soundtrack was available on the Radio section of NickJr.com for several years until the website was eventually redesigned. A backup of the Nick Jr. Radio files, including the songs from Whoopi's Littleburg, is available on MEGA courtesy of LMW forums user "tomysshadow".
On March 13th, 2020, YouTuber Kale Reviews and Stuff uploaded the first episode of the series in full.
Episode List[edit | edit source]
|1||Welcome to Littleburg||Found|
|2||Tah-Dah! Day||Partially Lost|
|3||But I Still Like You||Lost|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
A set from the show.
Videos[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
Bumpers and Interstitials[edit | edit source]
- Loretta the Letter Lady (partially found Nick Jr. short interstitial series; mid 1990s)
- Nick Jr. (partially found revamped Face promos of Nickelodeon channel block; 2003-2004)
- Nick Jr. Power Play Summer (partially found Nick Jr. interstitial series; 2005)
- Snappy Larry's Showtime (partially found Nick Jr. UK interstitial series and American dub; mid-2000s)
Pilots[edit | edit source]
- The Backyardigans (partially found Nick Digital pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2002)
- Blue Prints (partially found unaired pilot of "Blue's Clues" Nick Jr. animated/live action series; 1994-1995)
- Bubble Guppies (partially found unaired pilot of Nick Jr. CGI animated series; 2006)
- Dora the Explorer (partially found unaired pilot episodes of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Me and My Friends (partially found live-action pilot of "The Backyardigans" Nick Jr. CGI-animated series; 1998)
- Oswald (lost unaired pilot of Nick Jr. animated series; late 1990s)
- Super Why? (partially found stop-motion Nick Jr. pilot of PBS Kids CGI series; 1999)
- The Umizumiz (partially found unaired pilot of "Team Umizoomi" Nick Jr. CGI-animated/live-action series; 2008)
- Wallykazam! "Monty's Magic Words" (partially found pilot for Nick Jr. education series; 2010s)
Other[edit | edit source]
- Binyah Binyah! (found spinoff of "Gullah Gullah Island" Nick Jr. musical series; 1997-1998)
- Downward Doghouse (partially found precursor to "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" Nick Jr. animated series; 2000s)
- Made by Maddie (partially found Nick Jr. animated series; 2020)
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mix Online article, which features info about the show's music. Retrieved 21 Oct '18
- Marcy Goldberg Sacks' resume mentioning the pilot (archived). Retrieved 03 Aug '22
- tomysshadow's forum post about the Nick Jr. Radio files. Retrieved 16 Oct '18
- Page from Beyond Design Inc., the show's set design company. Retrieved 16 Oct '18