Thomas & Friends "Jack Jumps In" (found Alec Baldwin narration of British children's TV series episode; 2002)
Date found: 05 Oct 2014
Found by: TTTEArchives
The Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends season six episode "Jack Jumps In", was released on the DVD "New Friends for Thomas" in the US in 2004. It was the only DVD narrated by the UK narrator Michael Angelis - this release being in-between the hiring of Michael Brandon and the leaving of Alec Baldwin as narrator in the US. This episode along with "A Friend in Need" were narrated by Alec Baldwin. However for consistency reasons, Michael Angelis' UK Narration with some dialogue redubbed by Angelis were included.
The original Alec Baldwin narration for "Jack Jumps In" only aired on Canadian stations like TVO and Treehouse in January 2003. The narration was re-aired on TVO on May 16th, 2006 alongside with the Baldwin narration for "A Friend In Need". Recordings of the episodes appeared on YouTube not long after the airings, before being privatized shortly thereafter. The uploads were both of exceedingly poor quality and were filmed in front of a TV.
"A Friend in Need", the second part of this episode, was released with Baldwin's narration on the DVD "Mud, Glorious Mud" on May 6th, 2008. However, "Jack Jumps In", despite being the first part of the story, was never given an official release with Baldwin's narration, or has shown up through any fan recordings online.
On July 5th, 2014, a low quality version of Baldwin's narration was uploaded to Dailymotion but vanished not long after. A higher quality version was then uploaded on October 5th, 2014, by TTTEArchives.. It wasn't until May 2016, when the narration was officially released on Amazon Prime as part of "Classic Volume 6" which consists of all the season six episodes narrated by Alec Baldwin.
See Also[edit | edit source]
Thomas & Friends[edit | edit source]
- Thomas & Friends: Day of the Diesels (lost original cut of direct-to-DVD film; existence unconfirmed; 2011)
- Thomas & Friends "Series 7" (partially found original music of American dub of British children's TV series; mid 2000s)
- Thomas & Friends "Series 12" (partially found Pierce Brosnan narrations of British children's animated series; 2008)
Thomas the Tank Engine[edit | edit source]
- Thomas the Tank Engine "Season 3" (found Michael Angelis narriation of British children's TV series episodes; 1991)
- Thomas the Tank Engine "Season 4" (found pre-recorded version of British children's TV series episodes; 1994)
- Thomas the Tank Engine "Down the Mine" (partially found unaired pitch pilot version of children's TV series; 1983)
- Thomas the Tank Engine "The Missing Coach" (partially found footage from unfinished episode of children's TV series; 1986)
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad (found deleted scenes of children's fantasy adventure film; 2000)
- Thomas the Tank Engine (lost pilot episode of unproduced 2D animated adaptation on "The Railway Series" books; 1976)
Other[edit | edit source]
- Thomas the Tank Engine (found original illustrated edition of book; 1946)
- Thomas and the U.K. Trip & Thomas Number 1 (found Japanese "Thomas the Tank Engine" crossover TV special and music video; 1993)
- Jack and the Sodor Construction Company (miscellaneous lost media of spinoff series; existence unconfirmed; 2002)
- The Three Railway Engines (found original edition of book; 1945)
- Barry the Rescue Engine (lost production material on cancelled "The Railway Series" book; 1980s)
- The Sad Story of Henry (lost live BBC broadcast adaptation of "The Railway Series" books; 1953)
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad (lost test footage of 3.5" character models for British children's TV series; 1995)