The All-New Mickey Mouse Club (partially found Disney Channel original series; 1989-1994)
The All-New Mickey Mouse Club was a 1989 Disney Channel original series and the third incarnation of the Disney television series The Mickey Mouse Club. The show was created after Disney Channel executives feared that the original version of The Mickey Mouse Club, despite being one of the channel's highest-rated programs, was dated, and they re-imagined the show for a contemporary audience. The show aired weekdays at 5:30 PM and aired in reruns until 1996.
This version was notable for launching the careers of Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, and Britney Spears. Aside from various episodes from the first 6 seasons on YouTube and clips of performances of the show, episodes are hard to come across. On July 12th, 2005, Disney released a best-of DVD titled "Mickey Mouse Club: The Best of Britney, Justin & Christina", featuring four episodes from the 6th season which particularly feature a couple of live performances by the celebrities mentioned by name as well as their hometown profiles. There are also at least two publicly released live recordings from an MMC singing tour, sponsored by Target as well as autograph signing sessions with the Mouseketeers. There were at least several MMC-based TV specials as well that ran alongside the show.
Videos[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia article on MMC. Retrieved 30 Dec '15
- IMDb page on the show. Retrieved 30 Dec '15
- A YouTube playlist of all known & found MMC episodes & specials. Retrieved 07 Mar '19
- A YouTube channel with clips & episodes of MMC. Retrieved 07 Mar '19
- Another YouTube channel with clips & episodes of MMC. Retrieved 07 Mar '19
- Yet another YouTube channel with clips from MMC. Retrieved 13 Mar '19
- Official website for the 30th anniversary & cast reunion of MMC. Retrieved 07 Mar '19
- Google+ video & image collection from MMC. Retrieved 07 Mar '19
- Review of the sole DVD release of the MMC. Retrieved 07 Mar '19
Reference[edit | edit source]
- E! article on the star's debut on the show. Retrieved 17 Feb ‘19