NBA Powerdunkers (lost PC port of PlayStation sports game; 1997)
NBA Powerdunkers (NBAパワーダンカーズ) by Konami is a 1997 Windows95 port of its PlayStation counterpart. It is the first of a series of basketball arcade games, known as "NBA in the Zone" in America and Europe. The PC version was apparently only supposed to be released in Japan.
Availability[edit | edit source]
Infos and images about the PC version are near to zero. The game is mentioned in a Japanese PC Watch article, another PC Watch article about the 1996 Tokyo Game Show report and how it was supposed to be released in Summer of 1997, among incoming Konami PC releases on the December '96 document, and finally among "Release date undecided" titles in the January '97 document
There are suspicions about the game not being released at all in the end. However, this is not confirmed since there is so little available on it, although some shopping sites like Suruga-ya and Medio.bz have a page for the game, including front box scan, game price, and product serial number.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Cartoon Network NBA All-Star Slam (partially found interviews of marathon; 2003)
- NBA Elite 11 (found builds of unreleased PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 basketball simulator; 2010)
References[edit | edit source]
- PC Watch article about NBA Powerdunkers. Retrieved 21 Sept '17
- The Japanese PC Watch article on the Tokyo Game Show, which mentioned NBA Powerdunkers. Retrieved 21 Sept '17
- Another PC Watch article on NBA Powerdunkers. Retrieved 21 Sept '17