Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (partially found TV promos for Nickelodeon animated film and TV series; 2001–2002)
When the Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius movie was released in 2001, Nickelodeon interrupted some of their shows with humorous shorts to promote the movie and later, the TV series.
One such gag (supposedly) had the audio track on a Rugrats episode changed, another one giving the SpongeBob SquarePants cast hair in the style of Jimmy's, and another one that is confirmed to exist had a SpongeBob episode being made with puppets.
Update Log[edit | edit source]
March 7th, 2016 – Wiki member CDCB2 has an interruption during the SpongeBob episode "Employee of the Month" that displays Jimmy and Goddard playing fetch with the Nick "network bug," CDCB2 says he'll upload it once he finds the disc.
Next, a lot of sightings have been claimed. An anonymous person claims that during the Rugrats episode "Music," he gave the Rugrats cast his hairstyle much like the SpongeBob one above. Another anonymous person claims that during the Hey Arnold! episode "Helga Sleepwalks," Jimmy replayed a scene of Helga eating pork rinds a few times. Another anonymous person claims "Squeaky Boots" getting the "puppet show" treatment, and yet another anonymous person claims that SpongeBob episode "Culture Shock" received not one, but two interruptions. The first one was where Squidward talks to the group behind the curtains. The anonymous user says that supposedly, he was given Jimmy's hairstyle. The second one was that the colors supposedly inverted for a few seconds. The same anonymous user claims that during another episode, a part of the episode was repeated a few times, much like the "Helga Sleepwalks" situation above.
April 27th, 2016 – One interruption (taken from the Kids Choice Awards after Jimmy Neutron won) has been found on an old VHS, though it is not in the format as the ones before the movie's release it is still an interruption. Though it is mostly a clip show of the movie.
April 29th, 2016 – A Vimeo video was found that included one of the shorts.
July 4th, 2016 – Someone found a screen bug of Goddard pulling out a sign that says "Coming In 30 Minutes" in one of their old SpongeBob recordings, though in low quality.
July 22nd, 2016 - Wiki user Nodog found a Screen bug for the episode "When Pants Attack" In a SpongeBob VHS.
July 25th, 2016 - The YouTube channel Another Archive Channel uploaded the "When Pants Attack" promo from the SpongeBob episode "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV" onto their channel (cropped).
September 16th, 2016 - An anonymous user has claimed to have seen an interruption during an episode of Rocket Power where he replaced a brief portion of the episode with an old cooking show.
September 20th, 2016 - Lost Media Wiki contributor Penti claims to have seen an interruption during a Rugrats episode where he briefly replaced about a minute of the episode with an episode of The Wild Thornberries much like the Rocket Power interruption above.
November 2nd, 2016 - Another anonymous user claims to have seen an interruption during the Doug episode "Doug Can't Dance" where he repeated a scene where Doug hurts his foot similar to the "Helga Sleepwalks" interruption. He also claims that there was also an interruption in an episode of Pelswick where he replaced a portion of the episode with a game show similar to the Rugrats interruption Penti claims to have seen and the Rocket Power interruption above.
November 11th, 2016 - Yet another anonymous user claims to have seen an episode of Pinky and the Brain receiving the "puppet show" treatment as well, and he also claims to have seen an interruption during an episode of The Wild Thornberries where he replaced at least part of the episode's audio track with sounds of cows mooing.
January 11th, 2017 - More interruptions have been claimed to exist. First, there was one on the Rugrats episode "Reptar 2010" where he, like similar interruptions mentioned above, replaced about a minute of the episode with Rocket Power (coincidentally, Rugrats and the two shows that he briefly replaced portions of certain episodes with, Rocket Power and The Wild Thornberries, were all Klasky-Cuspo productions). Another that now has been claimed to exist was in the SpongeBob episode "SB-129" where he gave Squidward Carl's hairstyle and glasses and even went as to far as to give Squidward Carl's voice. Yet another claimed to exist was one during an episode of As Told By Ginger where the colors were briefly inverted much like the "Culture Shock" interruption above. Finally, a video of yet another SpongeBob interruption was posted by the YouTube account Final Atomic Buster and has been added to the video gallery below.
March 20th, 2017 - Another interruption was discovered, courtesy of YouTube user The Tide and Seeker (Tide on the Wiki), on the SpongeBob episode "Ripped Pants." In it, Jimmy and Goddard fly in on a rocket during the surfing competition. The first rewind was in the episode to the point where SpongeBob and Sandy Cheeks are buying ice cream, but it is in slow motion. The episode is then fast-forwarded to the point where SpongeBob rips his pants through a box. Finally, the episode is fast-forwarded to the lifeguard picking up SpongeBob's (thought to be) dead body, which would have occurred right after where the interruption began, skipping the part of the lifeguard running to SpongeBob.
July 28th, 2017 - At long last, the alleged "puppet show" interruption of "Hooky" has been found by YouTube user Win90'sNickelodeon96!
January 11th, 2019 - The "hairstyle change" interruption from Rugrats has been found by YouTuber Vic's Movies Reviews!
May 29th, 2019 - YouTuber Originalsboys uploaded a Hey Arnold! interruption of the episode "School Play".
November 22nd, 2019 - YouTube user Smoke found another airing of the "Hooky" interruption aired sometime between June and July of 2002.
July 12th, 2021 - YouTuber user 46&Tool finally found an October 2001 airing of the "Squeaky Boots" interruption.
September 24th, 2021 - YouTube user Noughties Nostalgia (2000snostalgia on the Wiki) found two Hey Arnold! interruptions during the episodes "Helga Sleepwalks" and "Fighting Families," originally broadcast on November 26th, 2001.
June 10th, 2022 - YouTuber Noughties Nostalgia (2000snostalgia on the Wiki) found another Hey Arnold! interruption during the episode "Arnold’s Room," originally broadcast on November 30th, 2001.
June 16th, 2022 - YouTuber RabbitFilmMakerTV (RabbitFilmMaker on the Wiki) found an As Told by Ginger interruption during the episode "Season of Caprice," originally broadcast on November 23rd, 2001.
Promo Shorts[edit | edit source]
|#||Show Title||Episode Title||Status||Comments|
|1||As Told by Ginger||Season of Caprice||Found||Jimmy stretches out of the Nick turkey logo.|
|2||CatDog||Unknown||Existence Unconfirmed||Jimmy gives Cat and Dog his hair.|
|3||Doug||Unknown||Existence Unconfirmed||Jimmy glitches the episode.|
|4||Hey Arnold!||Fighting Families||Found||Jimmy plays fetch with Goddard, then Goddard bites off a piece of the Nick leaf logo.|
|5||Hey Arnold!||Helga Sleepwalks||Found||Jimmy replayed a scene of Helga eating pork rinds a few times.|
|6||Hey Arnold!||School Play||Found||Jimmy messes with the visuals and reverses the audio.|
|7||Hey Arnold!||Arnold’s Room||Found||Jimmy replaces the Leaf screenbug with a screenbug shaped like his head.|
|8||Invader Zim||Unknown||Existence Unconfirmed||Jimmy gives Dib and Gaz his hair and accidentally turns into Carl.|
|9||Kid's Choice Awards||2002||Found||Jimmy gives an inside look on the film and the upcoming TV series.|
|10||Pelswick||Unknown||Existence Unconfirmed||Jimmy replaces the episode's audio with the sounds of cows mooing.|
|11||Rocket Power||New Squid on the Block||Lost||Jimmy appears inside the Turkey screenbug.|
|12||Rocket Power||Radical New Equipment||Found||Jimmy alters the episode.|
|13||Rugrats||Hand Me Downs||Found||Jimmy uses one of his inventions to blow up the Nick logo.|
|14||Rugrats||Music||Found||Jimmy changes the baby's hair into his and accidentally turns into Carl when he tries to change Angelica's hair into his with a gun zapper.|
|15||Rugrats||Pee Wee Scouts||Found||Jimmy plays fetch with Goddard, then Goddard bites off a piece of the Nick leaf logo.|
|16||Rugrats||Unknown||Lost||Jimmy changes the audio to Spanish.|
|17||Rugrats||Unknown||Existence Unconfirmed||Jimmy switched out the audio with dogs barking.|
|18||SpongeBob SquarePants||Culture Shocked||Lost||Jimmy gives SpongeBob and Squidward his hair and then accidentally turns into Carl.|
|19||Spongebob Squarepants||Employee of The Month||Found||Jimmy plays fetch with Goddard, then Goddard bites off a piece of the Nick leaf logo.|
|20||Spongebob Squarepants||Hooky||Found||Jimmy turned SpongeBob, Patrick and Mr. Krabs into live-action puppets.|
|21||SpongeBob SquarePants||Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV||Found||A flock of pants dance in a straight line, promoting the premiere of the episode "When Pants Attack."|
|22||SpongeBob SquarePants||No Free Rides||Existence Unconfirmed||Jimmy rewinds and fast forwards the episode.|
|23||Spongebob Squarepants||Ripped Pants||Found||Jimmy rewinds and fast forwards the episode.|
|24||SpongeBob SquarePants||Squeaky Boots||Found||Jimmy turned SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs into live-action puppets.|
|25||Taina||Unknown||Lost||Jimmy flipped the frame upside-down.|
See Also[edit | edit source]
Jimmy Neutron[edit | edit source]
Anthology and Short Series[edit | edit source]
- Astrology with Squidward (found series of "SpongeBob SquarePants" Nickelodeon animated shorts; early 2000s)
- Attack of the Giant Vulture (found Nickelodeon short film; 1998)
- Balinese Slapping Fish (partially lost Nickelodeon Australia animated short series; 1998)
- Bobby the Lizard Boy (found Nickelodeon animated short; 2000)
- Gordon Bleugh! (found Nickelodeon animated short series; early 2000s)
- ICarly at the 2008 Kids Choice Awards (found Nickelodeon promotional short web series; 2008)
- Leader Dog (partially lost Nickelodeon animated short series; 2004)
- Making Fiends (partially lost promotional shorts for Nickelodeon animated series based on web series; 2008)
- Meet The Moores (partially found British Nicktoons animated short series; 2002-2003)
- Nick Studio 10 (partially found Nickelodeon channel block; 2013)
- Nickelodeon Blimp (found Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards animated short; 2005-2007)
- Oh Yeah! Cartoons (found Nickelodeon animated anthology series; 1998-2001)
- Schoolyard Safari (found Nickelodeon short series; 2002-2003)
- SpongeBob: Re-Hydrated (partially lost "SpongeBob SquarePants" animated short; 2003)
- Tortellini Western (partially found Nickelodeon animated short series; 2004)
- A Very Aggressive Vegetable (partially lost Nickelodeon Australia animated short series; 1998)
Bumpers and Promos[edit | edit source]
- 101% Whizbang! with Henry & June (partially found Nickelodeon channel block; 1999)
- Blood and Guts (partially found Nickelodeon bumpers; 2000s)
- HaHa Nick (lost Chinese block of Nickelodeon shows; 2005-2007)
- Nickelodeon (partially found idents and bumpers from TV channel; 1979-present)
- Nickelodeon's Historical Firsts (partially lost animated promos from TV channel; 1997)
Game Shows[edit | edit source]
- BrainSurge (partially lost Nickelodeon game show; 2009-2014)
- Double Dare (partially lost Nickelodeon game show; 1986-1993)
- Figure It Out (partially found Nickelodeon game show; 1998)
- Gamefarm (partially lost Nickelodeon GAS game show; 2003)
- Legends of the Hidden Temple (lost Pit of Despair incident footage from unaired final round/episode of Nickelodeon game show; 1994)
- Legends of the Hidden Temple (partially found original consolation plugs from Nickelodeon game show; 1993-1995)
- Nick Arcade (found Nickelodeon game show; 1992)
- Nick Arcade (partially found original consolation prize plugs from Nickelodeon game show; 1992)
- Nickelodeon Splat! (partially lost Nickelodeon game show; 2004)
- SuperNick (partially found Dutch Nickelodeon game show; 2007-2011)
- SuperNick op De Stoep Bij... (partially found Dutch Nickelodeon sports show; 2007-2008)
Inaugural Series[edit | edit source]
- By The Way (partially found inaugural Nickelodeon series; 1979-1980)
- Hocus Focus (partially found inaugural Nickelodeon series; 1979-1981)
- Nickel Flicks (lost inaugural Nickelodeon series; 1979)
- Pinwheel (partially found Nickelodeon educational puppet series; 1977-1990)
- Pocket Money (non-existent inaugural Nickelodeon series; 1979)
- Video Comics (partially found inaugural Nickelodeon series; 1979-1981)
Live Action[edit | edit source]
- The Adventures of Pete & Pete (partially found original versions of episodes of Nickelodeon live-action comedy series; 1991-1993)
- All That (partially lost Nickelodeon sketch comedy series; 1994-2005)
- Bing! The Sound of Something New (partially found Nickelodeon magazine TV series; 1995)
- Cousin Skeeter (partially lost Nickelodeon live-action/puppet series; 1998-2001)
- Drake & Josh (partially found widescreen version of episodes of Nickelodeon sitcom; 2004-2007)
- Just For Kicks (found Nickelodeon live-action comedy-drama series; 2006)
- Kids' Court (partially found Nickelodeon non-traditional court series and other media; 1988-1994)
- Mcjuniorclub TV (partially found Dutch Nickelodeon/McDonald's live-action short series; 2008)
- Nick News with Linda Ellerbee (partially found Nickelodeon educational news series; 1992-2015)
- Noah Knows Best (partially found English audio of Nickelodeon sitcom; 2000-2001)
- Reggie Jackson's World of Sports (partially found Nickelodeon sports series; 1981-1982)
- U to U (partially found Nickelodeon interactive series; 1994-1996)
- Vic's Vacant Lot (partially found ESPN/Nickelodeon sports series; 1982-1985)
Pilots[edit | edit source]
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (partially found unaired pilot of Nickelodeon animated series; early 1990s)
- The Angry Beavers "Cuffed Together" (non-existent pilot episode of Nickelodeon animated series; early-mid 1990s)
- Back at the Barnyard (partially found original test pitch of Nickelodeon CGI animated series; 2000)
- Bad Seeds (found pilot of "Harvey Beaks" Nickelodeon animated series; 2013)
- Big Beast Quintet (lost Nickelodeon animated pilot; 1990)
- Camp Nick (partially found Nickelodeon game show pilot; mid-1990s)
- Catscratch (found animated pitch of Nickelodeon animated series; 2004)
- The Crowville Chronicles (partially found Nickelodeon animated pilot; 1990)
- Drake & Josh (partially found unaired pilot of Nickelodeon sitcom; 2002)
- Fresh Beat Band of Spies (found unaired pilot of Nickelodeon animated spin-off of "The Fresh Beat Band" musical series; 2013)
- Generation Gap (partially found Nickelodeon game show pilot; early 1990s)
- Gibby! (partially found unaired pilot of cancelled spin-off of "iCarly" Nickelodeon teen sitcom; 2012)
- Go For It (lost Nickelodeon game show pilot; early 1990s)
- Hey Arnold! (found unaired pilot of Nickelodeon animated series; 1994)
- Humongous (lost pilot of Nickelodeon game show; early 1990s)
- I Don't Think So (partially found Nickelodeon game show pilot; 1994)
- Invader Zim (lost 3D animation test sequence from pilot of Nickelodeon animated series; 1999)
- KaBlam! "The Henry and June Show" (found spinoff pilot of Nickelodeon animated series; 2000)
- Kappa Mikey (found original MTV pitch and Nicktoons pilots of animated series; 2004)
- Morph Sports (partially found Nickelodeon game show pilot; 1995-1996)
- Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide (partially found pilots of Nickelodeon sitcom; 2003)
- Ned's Declassified High School Survival Guide (lost pilot of rejected spin-off series of Nickelodeon sitcom; 2008)
- Pudding Toast (lost Nickelodeon animated pitch pilots; 2012)
- Rocket Beach (partially found unaired pilot of "Rocket Power" Nickelodeon animated series; 1998)
- Roundhouse (partially found unaired pilot of Nickelodeon comedy series; 1991)
- Slime Survivor (partially found Nickelodeon game show pilot; 2000)
- The Thundermans (partially lost unaired pilot of Nickelodeon live action comedy series; 2012)
- Tooned In! (partially found Nickelodeon game show pilot; 1998)
- Trash (lost Nickelodeon stop-motion animated pilot; 1990)
- The Weasel Patrol (lost Nickelodeon animated pilot; 1990)
- Who Knew? (partially found Nickelodeon game show pilot; 1998)
- The Wild Thornberrys (found pilot of Nickelodeon animated series; 1998)
TV Films[edit | edit source]
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (non-existent Nickelodeon TV film; 1998)
- Cry Baby Lane (found Nickelodeon TV horror film; 2000)
- The Electric Piper (found Nickelodeon animated TV film; 2003)
Other[edit | edit source]
- Action League Now!: The Series "Monster Mashed" (lost episode of "Kablam!" spinoff animated series; 2002)
- Action League Now!: The Series "Thunder Girl: Tracking The Storm" (found episode of "Kablam!" spinoff animated series; 2001-2002)
- The Angry Beavers "A Tail of Two Rangers/Bye Bye Beavers" (partially found finale episode of Nickelodeon animated series; 2001)
- The Butcher (lost Nickelodeon puppet short film; existence unconfirmed; 2001)
- Crash Nebula (lost production material of cancelled spinoff of" The Fairly OddParents" Nickelodeon animated series; 2004-2006)
- Danny Phantom (partially found original opening title sequence of Nickelodeon animated series; 2003)
- Gruff's Groove Box (lost Nickelodeon music series; 2001)
- Invader Zim (partially found production material of cancelled episodes of Nickelodeon animated series; 2001-2002)
- KaBlam! "Episode 29" (non-existent episode of Nickelodeon animated series; 1998)
- KaBlam! "Just Chillin" (found episode of Nickelodeon animated series; 2000)
- KaBlam! "KaFun!" (found episode of Nickelodeon animated series; 1999)
- KaBlam! "An Off-Beats Valentine's" (found spinoff special of Nickelodeon animated series; 1998)
- The Loud House (partially lost deleted scenes of Nickelodeon animated series; 2016-present)
- Nickelodeon Japan (lost final sign-off of Japanese TV channel; 2009)
- Nickelodeon Launch Box (partially found educational series; 1991-1994)
- Nickelodeon Magazine's Big 10 Birthday Bash (found TV special; 2003)
- Nickelodeon Studios Opening Day Celebration (found live broadcast of Nickelodeon event; 1990)
- Ren and Stimpy (lost unused Kurt Cobain song for Nickelodeon animated series; existence unconfirmed; 1990)
- Robot and Monster (partially found unaired/unfinished episodes of Nickelodeon animated series; 2012-2013)
- Rugrats: A Live Adventure (partially found footage of musical adaptation of Nickelodeon animated series; 1998-2000)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (partially found deleted scenes of Nickelodeon animated series; 1999-present)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "Sailor Mouth" (lost uncensored version of Nickelodeon animated series episode; 2001)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "Shanghaied/You Wish" (lost English audio from alternate "Patchy the Pirate" segments of Nickelodeon animated series episode; 2001)
- SpongeBob SquarePants "SpaceBob InvaderPants/Krabs' Army" (lost unfinished episodes of Nickelodeon animated series; 2015)
- War Blowers (found full version of "SpongeBob SquarePants" production music; 1999)
- Weinerville (partially lost Nickelodeon variety puppet series; 1993-1997)
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Nickelodeon Movies Wiki page on the film.
- Nickstory Archives Wiki page on the film's promotional shorts.
- SpongeBob Mania forum page discussions of the segments.
- r/tipofmytoungue subreddit page on the segments.
References[edit | edit source]
- Archived Los Angeles Times article on the promotional shorts. Retrieved 15 Jul '21