What's up guys, dycaite, back again (finally, right?) and straight off the bat I wanna give a big thanks to kobo for filling in for me on the previous two notice board posts, much appreciated, dude!
Well, it's rolled around to that time of year again, the anniversary of the LMW! I know, I know, we're a few days past the 30th of November, but y'know what they say, "better late than never" ^__^' Big, big thanks to everybody who has contributed to the site and the community over the past 6 years, I've said it before, but I'll say it again because it's true - the LMW wouldn't be what it is today without you guys, so, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all :)
And while we're here, why not go over some recent lost media news? Let's get right into it:
- A lost episode of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit has been partially found! Over in Japan, a 16mm home copy of "Neck 'n' Neck" (cut down to two minutes from its original runtime of five) was found to be in the possession of anime historian Yasushi Watanabe, having purchased it during his high school years, at a toy shop near his home in Osaka, nearly 70 years ago. Watanabe learned of the cartoon's significance after reading David Bossert's 2017 Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Search for the Lost Disney Cartoons; it is currently being held by Kobe Planet Film Archive (one of Japan's largest private film collections) and there are reportedly talks of the short potentially being screened for animation scholars at an event in Los Angeles. Whatever the case may be, here's hoping it's made available to the public soon! You can read more about it here and here.
- Collaborator and long time supporter of the LMW, blameitonjorge recently came across a newspaper clipping from the March 27, 1992 issue of the LA Times, featuring some official dialogue from the lost "Snuffy's Parents Get a Divorce" episode of Sesame Street! The clipping in question can be found here; thanks Jorge!
- 50 seconds of previously lost footage from King Koopa's Kool Kartoons has emerged! Found by YouTuber Neeel, the footage from the show's 1989 Thanksgiving marathon was made available on his channel back in August, and can be seen via the above embed! While 50 seconds might not seem very significant to some, with a show as rare as this, every little bit really does help; thanks Neeel!
- YouTuber and LMW contributor SSTEAS recently came into possession of a very rare promotional Pepsi Sampler PS1 disc from 1997 that was never made commercially available, and of which not even a single image of the slipcase was available online - until now! SSTEAS has graciously scanned his copy and provided the scans in a video on his channel, you can check it out via the above embed; thanks SSTEAS!
- YouTuber Eclipse of Fire Productions has recently instigated an effort to have the lost "Am I Beautiful? Kuchisake-onna" episode of Ghost Stories released; this project, dubbed #FinishTheStories, is the kind of initiative I like to see in campaigning for forgotten pieces of media to be unearthed by their respective creators and as such, I figured I'd give Eclipse of Fire Productions and their #FinishTheStories project a shout out here. You can watch a video on the initiative via the above embed!
That's gunna do it for today, guys! Once again, a big, big thank you to everyone who has made this place what it is over the past 6 years, I truly am immensely grateful. Here's hoping for another great year of LMW over the next 12 months; until next time, cyas!
- The Dog and Cat News (partially found Australian 3D animated series; 2002-2003) Added 01 Dec 2018 [New]
- Einstein Pals (partially found cancelled Direct-to DVD series; 2007-2008) Added 24 Nov 2018 [New]
- Speed Racer Esurance Commercial (partially found TV commercial; 2008) Added 24 Nov 2018 [New]
- The Gulf Between (lost early color silent film; 1917) Added 23 Nov 2018 [New]
- El Retrato de Dorian Gray (lost Mexican TV drama based on Oscar Wilde novel; 1969) Added 23 Nov 2018 [New]
- Yo-Kai Watch: Yo-Kai Exercise Number 1 (partially lost early English version of end credits theme; 2015) Added 23 Nov 2018 [New]
- Inventio Fortunata (lost travelogue; 14th century) Added 22 Nov 2018 [New]
- The New Adventures of Zorro (partially found animated series; 1997-1998) Added 20 Nov 2018 [New]
- The Blues Brothers (lost roadshow cut of musical comedy film; 1980) Added 19 Nov 2018 [New]
- Coast BMX Full Grind (lost online game; 2003) Added 19 Nov 2018 [New]
- Morten Harket "Spirit Battle" (unreleased album from Norwegian singer; 1979) Added 17 Nov 2018 [New]
- New Kids on the Block (lost NES game; existence unconfirmed; 1988-1993) Added 16 Nov 2018 [New]
- Lupin the Eighth (partially found anime series; 1982) Added 16 Nov 2018 [New]
- Voodoo Heartbeat (partially found horror film; 1973) Added 14 Nov 2018 [New]
- Amazing Adventures of Zhu (partially found original English audio of CGI animated film; 2012) Added 14 Nov 2018 [New]
- The Starland Vocal Band Show (partially found variety show; 1977) Added 13 Nov 2018
- Looney Tunes "Baby Bottleneck" (lost scene of cartoon; 1945) Added 12 Nov 2018
- The Black & White Minstrel Show (partially found BBC TV series; 1957-1978) Added 06 Nov 2018 [NSFW]
- The Black Room (lost KLF album; 1992) Added 04 Nov 2018
- The Radioactive Man (lost episode of "The General Motors Theatre"; 1960) Added 04 Nov 2018
- They Might be Giants "Don't Worry Kyoko" (lost pre-band Yoko Ono cover; 1970s) Added 04 Nov 2018
- Pegeen (lost silent film; 1920) Added 03 Nov 2018
- The Best Gamers Stream (partially found livestreams; 2011-2017) Added 01 Nov 2018
- Minecraft (partially lost early builds of sandbox game; 2009-2013) Added 31 Oct 2018
- Full Moon o Sagashite (unreleased English dub episodes of anime series; existence unconfirmed; 2006-2009) Added 30 Oct 2018
- Winners of the West (lost western film serial; 1921) Added 30 Oct 2018
- News From Zoos (partially found Canadian children's television series; 1980-1983) Added 26 Oct 2018
- Rocky and Bullwinkle Universal shows (partially found video footage of live shows, 1992-2001) Added 26 Oct 2018
- Tillie's Punctured Romance (lost circus comedy film; 1928) Added 25 Oct 2018
- Bootsmade4crushing/Boots666 (lost YouTube videos; 2012-2016) Added 22 Oct 2018 [NSFL]
- Duke and the Great Pie War (partially found online VeggieTales game; 2005) Added 21 Oct 2018
- WALL·E (partially found original treatments of Pixar animated film; 1994-2008) Added 21 Oct 2018
- VeggieTales: Whale-Watching Party (lost event kit based on animated movie; 2002) Added 19 Oct 2018
- VeggieConnections (partially found lesson plans based on animated series; 2005) Added 19 Oct 2018
- The Weekend It Lives (lost original cut of Horror movie; 1992) Added 18 Oct 2018
- Ice Age (lost original Don Bluth version of animated film; existence unconfirmed; early 2000s) Added 18 Oct 2018
- Kansas City Blender Massacre (lost short Horror film; 1986) Added 18 Oct 2018
- The Lord of the Rings (lost BBC radio series; 1955) Added 17 Oct 2018
- Chō Kōsoku Galvion (partially found anime TV series; 1984) Added 16 Oct 2018
- Whoopi's Littleburg (lost Nick Jr. puppetry TV series; 2004) Added 16 Oct 2018
Some articles on this wiki contain NSFW/NSFL content and have been marked as such.
Please browse with caution!
Welcome to the Lost Media Wiki, a community effort to track down lost or hard to find media!