HBO Family 411 (partially found HBO animated interstitial series; 1999-2000)
HBO Family 411 was an animated short series using 2D claymation that aired during program breaks on HBO's family-oriented channel (HBO Family), first airing in 1999 (when the channel first launched) and running to 2000. 40 twenty second episodes were produced by Cuppa Coffee Studios.
Despite ending in 2000, reruns of the show aired for nearly two decades until January 2016, when HBO Family's kids programming brand was revamped into "HBO Kids", getting rid of the series and other long running interstitials seen on the network.
The series featured two characters, Rex and Mouse, a dog and mouse companion. The narrator will describe "hip tips" as shown with Rex and Mouse. The series was aimed at children aged 8 to 10 years old.
So far, four episodes have been found, Saying Thank You, Breakfast in Bed, Planting a Tree and Recycling as well as two small clips from a HBO Family promo from 1999. On Cuppa Coffee's "Awards" website, two episode titles were discovered: a short about friends and a short about hobbies.. An episode about logging on computers and keeping a pet's dish cold in the summer has also been mentioned. This was the pilot episode.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Kidscreen article that mentions the show. Retrieved 19 Jul '20
- Archived page on Cuppa Coffee's website that mentions the show. Retrieved 19 Jul '20
- Saying Thank You Retrieved 27 Oct '20
- Breakfast in Bed Retrieved 29 Oct '20
- Planting a Tree Retrieved 05 Nov '20
- Recycling Retrieved 06 Nov '20
- The awards section of Cuppa Coffee's website, revealing several episode titles. Retrieved 19 Jul '20
- An article mentioning the shows' pilot. Retrieved 19 Jul '20