Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (partially found Animax English dub of anime series; 2009)
The anime Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood had an official English dub by FUNimation, however, a second English dub was aired on Animax in Asia, and was also allegedly aired in the UK.
Some of the confirmed voice actors who worked on the dub include Muriel Hofmann who voiced Edward Elric, Winry Rockbell, Lust, Izumi Curtis, and Riza Hawkeye. According to the website behindthevoiceactors.com, Lily Truncale also worked on the dub voicing Alphonse Elric and May Chang. Matt Bailey and Mike Brooks also appear to have worked on the series voicing Roy Mustang and Alex Louis Armstrong respectively.
The dub has never been released on home media.
According to posts on Reddit, some people do remember watching the dub on Animax. One user claims that Edward sounded extremely female while another user said that Armstrong had a very high pitched German accent. Additionally, according to another Reddit thread, the dub aired in 2011 and covered the anime in its entirety.
On September 23rd, 2020, a Twitter user by the name of YuiHaruhara uploaded several clips from this dub, confirming the rumors that Edward has a female voice and that Alex Armstrong has a German accent.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- IMDb page on Muriel Hofmann. Retrieved 09 May '18
- Dubbing Wikia article on Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Retrieved 09 May '18
- Clips from the Animax dub. Retrieved 05 Feb '21
References[edit | edit source]
- Muriel Hofmann's resume Retrieved 16 Sep '20
- A Behind the Voice Actors page on Lily Truncale. Retrieved 09 May '18
- A Reddit thread on r/AnimeDubs about Animax English dubs. Retrieved 09 May '18
- Reddit thread on r/Animedubs that says that the Animax English dub aired in 2011. Retrieved 05 Nov '19