Fox Kids "Bartcasting" (partially found "The Simpsons" promo on children's program block; 1996)
"Bartcasting" was an event that took place on Fox Kids for a single day on November 2nd, 1996 to promote The Simpsons, specifically, the upcoming season at the time: Season 8. During the event, Bart Simpson had "taken control" of the Fox Kids satellite, and was now in control of the broadcasting. This allegedly amounted to Bart Simpson hosting the regular Fox Kids line up of cartoons on that day along with the occasional Simpsons clip aired during commercial breaks, leading up presumably to a sneak peek at the season 8 premiere.
Availability[edit | edit source]
Since "Bartcasting" was a one-off promotion, these hosting segments have not been seen or aired since their initial airing on that Saturday, and there is very little information online about this event in general. The only proof left of the event is a single promo that aired during the previous week, and a few scarce mentions of the event on the web. By extension, the season 8 sneak peek that was advertised has also been lost to time.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- The Simpsons (partially found deleted scenes of Fox animated sitcom; 1989-present)
- The Simpsons (partially found scripts for unproduced episodes of Fox animated sitcom; 1990s)
- The Simpsons "Some Enchanted Evening" (partially found original pilot of Fox animated sitcom; 1989-1990)
- The Simpsons Movie (partially found alternate versions and deleted scenes of animated comedy film; 2007)
- Currys (partially found "The Simpsons" Sky One sponsorships ads from British electronics retailer; 2009-2010)
- Season Six Alternative Packaging Program (lost audio from phone number based on "The Simpsons" animated TV sitcom; 2005-2011)
- Al-Shamshoon (partially lost unaired Arabic dubbed episodes of "The Simpsons" animated series; 2005)
Reference[edit | edit source]
- A forum thread discussing the event. Retrieved 02 May '20