Crystal Platinum - Live at Rocking The Barn on Clayton Road (lost soundboard audio recording; 2019)
Crystal Platinum was a short-lived cover band, formed in July 2019 in the San Francisco Bay Area, and disbanded a year later in July 2020. They were known as one of the bands who performed at Rocking The Barn on Clayton Road's day-long festival called "A Day on the Hill", on August 31st, 2019.
Background[edit | edit source]
A few attendees who attended the band's performance at that night stated, that their performance at the barn was considered to be in mediocre quality and despite this, two people have recorded the event via video that included the owner of Rocking The Barn.
There was confirmation in early-February 2020, that soundboard audio was recorded at that night, which is rumored to be the only source completed but has not been surfaced; the only sources that are available are video footage that is incomplete on Facebook and some audio footage which only contain the first three songs from their set-list.
Possible availability[edit | edit source]
On February 24th, 2020, almost six months after the band's performance, one of the people that attended their performance contacted the audio engineer at the barn and claimed to the individual that it will be surfaced in March.
The wave files that were almost about to be given out to the individual in that same month claimed to have gone missing, according the audio engineer, he stated that due to a major power outage, it caused the data to be lost.
However, there's a possibility the files could get restored by data recovery software such as Recuva, but nothing has been surfaced as of 2021 except for video footage that was converted into audio around February of that same year, with an audio clip of the band performing Hotel California and What I Like About You.
In June 2021, one of the audio engineers at the Barn made a live Facebook video and in it was new soundboard audio that was being recorded with updated equipment with the same mixer used for Crystal Platinum's performance and a much different audio recording program. This raises speculation that with better equipment, the soundboard audio recording could possibly be found.
Setlist (incomplete as of 2021)[edit | edit source]
- Get the Party Started (P!nk cover)
- Black Velvet (Alannah Myles cover)
- One Way or Another (Blondie cover)
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Eddie Schwartz/Pat Benatar cover)
- Hotel California (The Eagles cover)
- What I Like About You (The Romantics cover)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Rocking The Barn's August 31st poster Retrieved 13 May '21
- Rocking the barn August 31st 2019 Retrieved 1 Mar '21
- Crystal Platinum Band's Video Retrieved 1 Mar '21
- Crystal Platinum YouTube Video Retrieved 1 Mar' 21
- MEGA link to the converted video/audio Retrieved 1 Mar '21
- MEGA link containing snippets of Rocking The Barn audio engineers' Facebook live video from June 2021 Retrieved 15 Jun '21