Cats Don't Dance (lost original Michael Jackson version of animated film; 1993-1996)
Cats Don't Dance is a 1997 animated film produced by Turner Feature Animation. The film was a box office flop despite its critical success, and it was the only film to be produced by Turner Feature Animation before the Warner Bros.-Turner merger in 1996.
The film was initially announced as a production of "Lost Boys," owned by Michael Jackson and David Kirshner. Jackson was alleged to produce and star in the film alongside animated Looney Tunes characters (a concept eventually produced in 1996 with Michael Jordan, Space Jam). However, he eventually dropped out, and the film was released as an animated feature instead.
Little is known of what remains of Jackson's version of the film. Turner supposedly worked with a copy of the script, meaning an original screenplay may exist, but no other footage is known to exist.
- Wikipedia page for the 1997 version of the film. Retrieved 04 Apr '16
- IMDb trivia page for the film. Retrieved 04 Apr '16
- TV Tropes page for the film. Retrieved 04 Apr '16
- A Reading Eagle newspaper article announcing Jackson's involvement in the film. Retrieved 04 Apr '16
- F This Movie article. Retrieved 04 Apr '16