Broken Sky (cancelled animated series based on British novel series; 2003-2005)
Broken Sky is a British novel series by Chris Wooding that was originally published by Scholastic between 1999 and 2001. The story centres around twins Ryushi and Kia who are forced to launch a rebellion against their king.
At MIPCOM 2003, Canadian animation firm Nelvana announced their plans to adapt the series into an animated TV show. More information was shared at MIPTV 2004, where it was revealed the first season would consist of 26 half-hour episodes. This would be the final time the series was mentioned in the public.
In late 2005, Wooding revealed in an interview that the series had been shelved; its cancellation due to "action cartoons [falling] out of favor" during that time. Prior to the show's cancellation, a trailer and multiple scripts were produced. Wooding would later work on another Nelvana series, Fusion, that was also cancelled in development.
- Nelvana Mixes Slate With Pre-Sold & In-House Offerings Retrieved 15 Jan '18
- Nelvana to Unveil an Exciting New Slate at MIPTV 2004 Retrieved 15 Jan '18
- 2005/Dec CHRIS WOODING – Publishing News Retrieved 15 Jan '18
- APPENDIX W - Producers Bound to this Agreement Retrieved 15 Jan '18
- Chris Wooding (1977 -) Biography Retrieved 15 Jan '18