A "Draw Dorami-chan" Song / A Week in Our Time Machine (partially found English version of "Doraemon" single; 1980)
Doraemon is a popular and long-running anime based on the manga of the same name by Fujiko F. Fujio. Its best-known adaptation originally ran from 1979 until 2005, while a second series, that began airing a month after the first series' conclusion, is still airing to this day. A total of 38 feature-length Doraemon movies have been released, as well as numerous short films.
In April or May 1980, Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd. released 2 singles containing songs from the popular series to Japanese stores. English versions were also released at the same time to teach English to Japanese students. The first, titled "A "Draw Doraemon" Song / Doraemon Ondo", is easily available to listen to on YouTube and download online, while the second one remains lost, with the only documentations online being from snowrecords.jp, as well as a fanmade list of Doraemon music. The Japanese versions of the songs on both records are easily available online. It was sung by Regina M. Doi (A “Draw Doramichan” Song), Duncan A. Williams (A Week in Our Time Machine), and Henry V. Drennan (A Week in Our Time Machine).
On 7/31/2021, Side A was found on a Japanese Music Website, and was subsequently uploaded to YouTube.
Important Notes[edit | edit source]
This record is 7-inch, 45 rpm. Its model number is CK-562. Side A is CK-562-A-1, while Side B is CK-562-B-1. It cost 600 yen.
Lyrics of A "Draw Doramichan" Song[edit | edit source]
One mountain, two mountains, standing side by side My house is big and round, so's my room inside. One window, two windows, they are round, of course. You can see two happy boys looking out with joy. See a popcorn, floating popcorn landing on a plate. Oh my, what a surprise! Oh my, what a surprise! Tie a bell and you now have our Doramichan!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Doraemon (partially found first-adaptation anime series; 1973)
- Doraemon: Robot War (partially found bootleg anime film; 1983)
- Doraemon '79 (partially found Phuuz English dub pilot of anime; early 2000s)
- Stand by Me Doraemon (partially found Philippines English dub of anime movie; 2015)
- Doraemon: In A Thrilling Solar Car (partially found anime short film; 1992)
- Doraemon (partially found Asian English dubs of anime series; late 1990s-early 2000s)
- Doraemon "Adventures in Candy Land" (non-existent unaired English dub of anime episode; 2015)
- Doraemon: Nobita no Doki Doki! Obake Land (lost build of unreleased Virtual Boy game; 1996)
- The Adventures of Albert and Sidney (partially found English dub of "Doraemon" anime series; late 1980s-early 1990s)
- Doraemon: Ken-chan's Adventure (lost anime short film/TV special; 1980-1981)
- Doraemon '05 (partially found British dub of anime series; 2015)